Lovense is a sex toy company that offers an exciting line of toys to fulfill all your needs and desires. And the best part is they are rechargeable, so you never have to miss a minute of the action.
However, rechargeable sex toys can come with some issues that you won’t find with another normal battery-powered toy, such as loss of charge.
Here are the 4 reasons your Lovense toy doesn’t charge:
- Charging mechanism not in place
- Inadequate power
- Blockage in the charging port
- Not Storing Properly
There are the main reasons why your rechargeable toy could stop working. If any of these things happen to you, don’t worry! There are many simple ways to keep your rechargeable toys going for a long time. Here are quick tricks to put the charge back in your toy.
The Top 4 Reasons Why Your Lovense Toy Isn’t Holding a Charge
Reason #1: Charging Mechanism Not in Place
These toys use magnetic energy to charge, unlike other toys that use the standard way of charging. In order for a magnetic charge to continue, the magnetic field must remain intake the entire time.
- The Nora, Max, and Max 2 have all been designed so that if you lay the toy down in a certain way, a light will turn on, indicating that the toy is charging. If you do not see the light on the side of the toy, then you must assume that it is not charging. Try to reposition the toy until you see the designated light.
- The Ambi is the only Lovense toy that comes with a charging dock instead of a cord. The same principle that applies to the magnetic charging cord applies to the charging dock. You must keep the magnetic field intact so that the toy will charge.
For these sex toys, it is safe to assume that if you don’t see the light, the toy is not charging.
Reason #2: Inadequate Power
All Lovense toys can be plugged into any USB port or USB/AC power adapter to start charging. That’s right, ladies and gents! You can charge your sexy little friend with your cell phone adapter, plug it directly into your laptop or desktop computer, or even plug into your car charger if you have some fun times planned for when you get home.
Even though these sex toys can be charged using any type of USB port, it isn’t always a good idea to take advantage of that – because you can get a slow charge.
When you charge using something like a laptop or desktop, you risk your sex toy getting a slower charge. When laptops or desktops go into “sleep” mode, they conserve their power, so things that are charging from your device will get less power.
The same type of thing can happen if you try to charge your toy with your car USB port. Depending on the car, when the engine is off, all of the electronics will turn off as well. If your car does allow the electronics to stay on while the engine is off, I still wouldn’t recommend it.
Reason #3 Blockage in the Charger Port
For Lovense toys that do not use a magnetic field to charge, there are some little things that could get into your charger port and stop the sex toy from getting its proper charge.
- Other than Nora, Max, Max 2, and Ambi, all of Lovense’s toys use a charging port. Since there is essentially a little opening and tunnel leading to the battery of your sex toy, there is always a possibility for something to make its way into that tunnel and ruin your fun time.
Tiny pieces of dirt and debris can clog up your charging port, not allowing the charger to make a full connection. If this is the case, then simply clean out the port and try again. Don’t stick anything into the port; simply blow into it to dislodge anything that may have floated in.
Tips for a Clean Charger Port
Keep in mind that if you store your toy in a linen bag or towel, lint and fuzzies can get trapped in the charging port. Be sure that whatever you store your sex toy in, it won’t shed on to your toy.
When it comes to water, you shouldn’t have to worry too much. Lovense toys are all designed to be completely waterproof. However, if you submerge your toy in the water when washing it, the water pressure could push water into the charging port. This could short your toy out. To avoid this, simply rinse your toy with water instead of fully submerging.
Reason #4: Not Storing Properly
Storing your sex toy is very important when it comes to rechargeable toys. Unlike a standard battery-operated toy where you can just remove the batteries to keep the toy intact, Lovense’s lithium-ion batteries cannot be removed, so some extra precaution needs to be taken.
- Temperature is something that can disturb your sex toy. Extended exposure heat can reduce battery life for lithium-ion batteries. Standard care for lithium-ion batteries states that you should avoid charging them when they are below 32-degree Fahrenheit or above 113-degrees Fahrenheit.
- With rechargeable sex toys, their energy will drain while they are inactive. So, if it has been a while since you have pulled out your toy, you will have to recharge your toy. Don’t assume that your toy has given up on you in your absence.
- If you are planning to store your toy for a long time, try to have the battery somewhere between 30 and 50 percent before storing it. Storing your device while it is fully charged could cause the lithium-ion battery to lose its charging capacity.
Luckily a feature of all Lovense sex toys is the app that you pair with the toy. With this app, you can see exactly what percentage charge your toy has before putting it away.
How Long Does Lovense Need to Charge?
One important thing consumers take into consideration when buying a rechargeable sex toy is how long they have to charge for. After all, nobody wants to wait 24 hours to start having fun.
When it comes to Lovense toys, every toy is different. However, the majority of sex toys from Lovense will need to charge anywhere from 70 minutes to 2 ½ half hours, depending on the size and type of toy.
It’s important to look at the instruction manual to see how long your toy needs to charge before it’s fully powered and ready to operate.
How Long Does the Charge on a Lovense Toy Last?
Again, the amount of time a sex toy lasts after being fully charged will depend on the toy. Typically, however long it takes to charge the toy, that is how long the Lovense product can be used for.
However, some toys can be charged for an hour and a half and be able to operate for around three hours. The instruction manual will inform you of how long to charge and how long a toy is able to hold the charge before needing to be charged again.
Lovense toys are top-quality products that can offer thrills and excitement, but the charging mechanism can sometimes go haywire.
If you notice problems with your charge, it’s most likely due to a blockage, not storing properly, or not using the charger in the right way.
Luckily there are some simple solutions to charging and getting back to the action!