There has been much speculation about what Lovense is about since its inception in 2009. Despite
its meteoric rise in recognition for excellent and forward-thinking design, not much is commonly known about Lovense.
What is Lovense?
Lovense is a Hong Kong based company that sells teledildonics or long-distance sex toys with an Internet connection and an app-based user interface. They sell vibrators, butt plugs, and other intimacy products for people who want a long range or remote-controlled sexual experience.
Despite having been around since 2010, there is a distinct air of mystery surrounding the origins of this high-tech company. Let’s take a deeper look at Lovense and get an idea what they’re really all about.
Lovense: Company Basics
- Lovense was founded by Dan Liu
- Lovense is based out of North Point in Hong Kong and employs approximately 80 people
- Lovense reports an estimated annual revenue of $10 million
- Lovense was officially founded in 2010
- Lovense is focused on avant-garde technological advancement in the sex toy industry
Lovense is more than slick user interface design concepts and technological advancements, however. Lovense is, quite literally, a labor of love.
The Mission of Lovense
From the very beginning, Lovense has been geared towards bringing high tech design and futuristic aesthetics to the sex toy industry.
Spurred by the problem of intimacy issues in long-distance relationships, the founder of Lovense decided to focus on intimacy technology that allowed for couples to interact with each other remotely through their products.
Lovense specializes in sexual innovation, bringing the most futuristic materials and highest technology into their sex toys to advance the art of pleasure into the twenty-first century.
Lovense has a proven track record of continually improving their user experience by utilizing consumer feedback to adjust their design, leading to several iterations of new toys every year that build on the achievements of their past product lines.
A History of Lovense
Lovense was first conceived in 2009 when the CEO and founder was struggling with partner intimacy in a long-distance relationship. He had the idea to integrate Bluetooth technology into sex toys, allowing sexual partners to control each other’s toys from an extended range.
He began experimenting and formally began the company in 2010. Some other important dates in the history of Lovense:
- 2013: Lovense releases its first products, the his-and-hers teledildonic sex toys Max and Nora
- 2014: The 3rd and 4th generations of Max and Nora are released, bringing aesthetic and functional improvements, app control, and bi-directional controls
- 2016: Lush (the first vibrator to ever be controlled via an Apple Watch) is released
- 2017: Lovense releases a wide range of new products—the Hush, Ambi, Domi, Edge, and Osci
- 2018: Lovense introduces the USB Bluetooth adapter
- 2019: Lovense releases sequels to their original products (Max 2, Lush 2) as well as several other attachments and accessories, expanding their product line to include support products such as water-based lubricant
Lovense Product Lines
Even though Lovense started with only two flagship products (Max and Nora) the company now features a wide variety of products for every predilection.
1- Max, Max 2, and Nora
The original duo of products released by Lovense, Nora is a “rabbit” style vibrator designed for women, and Max is a suction-based male masturbator. The two toys are designed to be synced together in use, allowing for intimacy over long distances.
2- Lush and Lush 2
Lush is a wearable remote-controlled bullet vibrator designed with a variety of app-based features:
- Unlimited vibration patterns
- Sync-to-music capability
- Sound activated vibrations
- Customized vibration settings
It is quiet enough to be worn in public without anyone hearing it, but still very powerful. The original Lush design was funded by a Kickstarter at Indiegogo and raised over 100,000 dollars in funding. It went on to sell over 300,000 units.
In 2018, Lovense transformed the Lush into the Lush 2, adding a larger motor, moving the button on the device to a more accessible area, and increasing connectivity with an antenna redesign.
- Waterproof design made out of 100% body-safe materials
- Rechargeable by USB
- Wireless connection
- The same app-based customization services available to the Lush line of products
The Hush comes in two sizes for either beginners or users with moderate experience. Both Hush and Lush are compatible with Android, Apple, Mac, and Windows PC (with Bluetooth adapter).
Ambi is one of Lovense’s newer bullet vibrators and is focused on pinpoint technology. Because traditional bullet vibrators are difficult to keep in the correct spot to achieve orgasm, Ambi has a sleek engineered design so that it stays in place no matter what position it’s being used in.
Other features of the Ambi:
- Adjustable vibration levels
- Unique shape for both broad and pinpoint vaginal stimulation
- Easy-to-hold design
One of the company’s more petite offerings, Domi is one of the smallest “mini wand” vibrators on the market, and it is also one of the most powerful. This vibrator also includes:
- rotating head technology with a reinforced neck
- a light ring to help communicate with long distance partners
- one of the strongest mini wand motors on the market at half the size of its competitors
Edge is the world’s first adjustable prostate massager with the following design highlights:
- dual vibrators
- an adjustable neck
- the same app capability as Lovense’s other teledildonic products.
Engineered to be intuitive, the Edge can be used comfortably by anyone from beginners to
Osci is the world’s first oscillating G-spot toy. Rather than using traditional vibration technology, the Osci uses an oscillation-based motor that allows direct G-spot stimulation in women. Osci has an adjustable design and is fully programmable with three levels of oscillation and ten different patterns.
Lovense doesn’t just sell sex toys. Thanks to its runaway success with earlier product models, Lovense now offers a variety of attachments and accessories as well. Along with its vibrators, prostate massagers, male masturbators, and butt plugs, Lovense also sells the following:
- A Bluetooth adapter that allows Lovense teledildonic products to be programmed and synced via Windows PC
- Male and female attachments for the Domi
- Water-based lubricant suitable for all activities in the bedroom, and safe to use with all Lovense silicon products
Lovense Webcam Services
In addition to sex toys and in keeping with its mission to be the future of cybersex, Lovense serves the virtual sex industry and is affiliated with sixteen different camming service providers. For adventurous lovers interested in performing private sex shows, Lovense offers the following features:
- Tip-based vibrations
- Sound-based vibrations
- Multiple toy connectivity
- Personalized games and special commands
- SplitCam capability
- Intuitive interface for live control
- Personalized auto-replies and toy response notifications
- Vibration-based game apps like Keno and Dice that allow voyeurs to directly interact with the performer in real-time
Lovense: The Future of Cybersex
Teledildonic technology didn’t hit the market until 2010, with the world’s first “smart” vibrator able to be synced to music and controlled through a Skype connection. Since then, Lovense has led the industry in pushing the envelope for futuristic sex toy design.
The twenty-first century will be increasingly concerned with the advancement of the Internet of Things (IoT)—this is the first period in history in which more objects are connected to the Internet than people.
Lovense is a company that is ensuring the sex toy industry does not get left behind in this technological revolution.
On the contrary, Lovense is going above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that some of the world’s leading future-based software developments are not just leading to a wider social disconnect, but working to foster human intimacy and bring us all closer together, no matter how far apart we are.